background

Sunday, May 8, 2011

So many reasons to love motherhood

Michael asked if I'd like something special for breakfast on Mother's Day. "I'd like to sleep in and have french toast in bed."


At 6:00 a.m., Nina's hot, stinky little-kid-with-8-metal-caps-on-her-teeth breath was on my face and she's pleading, "Wheeeennnn are you getting uuuupppp?"

Same thing at 6:10, 6:20, 6:45 and 7:00. At 7:15, the team couldn't wait any longer and they burst into the room. Nina shouted happily, "Happy Valentine's Day!"

Nina's card (made this morning) read, "Mom I love you. I don't like bad guys. They're mean. Nina." Touching, huh?

Audrey was a little softer in her card, noting that I'm "kind." Awwww!

Then came gift time. You'll recall the fantasticly versatile zebra print snuggie I got for my birthday... so I was anxious to see what they chose this time. (drum roll please)... TINKERBELL pajama bottoms!

Michael, however, scored big points with the new Tina Fey and Rob Lowe books.

Then I was treated to my favorite breakfast, while wearing a crown. Oh, and Audrey also put a portable mirror in front of me so I could watch myself eat. How nice!



And that, my friends, was my great morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

avandia