background

Thursday, February 17, 2011

my chic birthday gift

Michael and the girls woke me at 6:00 a.m. today, singing Happy Birthday. Audrey's smile couldn't have been bigger as she and Nina carried the boot-box-size gift to me. They unwrapped it, of course, and inside was ...wait for it... a chic, zebra print SNUGGIE. I didn't even know they made Snuggies in animal prints. I'm obviously living in the dark ages.

Audrey's been dying for a Snuggie, so she was anxious to get me into it. After finally finding the arm holes, I put it on, stood up, and thought, "Well, this sucks. It doesn't even keep you warm in the front."

I had it on backward.

This faux pas leads me to the point of this blog entry, which is 5 Seriously Chic Ways--and situations in which-- to Wear Your Snuggie.

Before I reveal the secrets to the chicness, here's a picture of it:



I'm sure the first thing you'll notice is that it can obviously be worn as an evening gown. Think J-Lo's loooowww cut green gown years ago, except mine is cut low (ok, open) in the back and it's black & white. And I don't have J-Lo's rockin' body.



Now, if you turn the Snuggie back around (wear it incorrectly), voila--you have yourself a queen's cape.




While making Nina waffles, I stumbled upon the third great way to wear the Snuggie frock:


I just threw the train over my shoulder and pinned a lovely flower on it.

I could almost pass for Coming to America's King of Zamunda:



The other flair I like to add to it is similar to the evening dress, but I simply add a belt and move the flower down:




Don't be jealous, ladies. But also don't ask to borrow it. Get your own.





1 comment:

 

avandia